Sunday, July 27, 2008

Post race pain...

It's 19:30, I've had shower and a snooze. Popped out to town for ice cream! Time for a quick race report.

It was brutal...
There was heaps of climbing, really technical descents, and several sever thunder storms around 10 PM last night turned most of the course into a massive mud bath. I was going strong till around 3 PM and was riding steadily with around 10 minutes break between laps. During lap 8 it went pear shaped, my body had protest at the top of the first major climb and I was forced to conduct an "unofficial sit-in besides"the trail! I think I got the food/drink wrong and without a knowledgeable support crew it was impossible to get back on track. I did manage to get back out on the trail around 6:30 AM and manage another two laps. But I was staggering most of the way and grinding along slight inclines in granny.

So how did I do?
The Unofficial results are up. So the age group winner was 60km ahead, 3rd place was only a lap up, and there was probably only minutes separating the rest of us on 10 laps. So all in all I think I performed well. I'll post a more detailed race report some time tomorrow...

5 comments:

AT said...

Andrew
Well done!!! 7 is pretty good. I hope you had a good rest before the flight home.

Anthony

bimberi said...

Andrew,

Love your work. Top ten finish! Eat more ice cream so you are slow enough for me to be able to keep up when you get home.

Stu

The Lindenmayers said...

Bloody good effort! I agree with what Stu said! You should be back in town for the XC race on Sunday - that's if you and the Anthem are still friends :-D

macky65 said...

Congrats Andrew - good result - lap 8 /9 look to be hard - did you stop for pizza ?

Seriously - the lap times of all the competitors speak volumes - ouchy.

macky65 said...

Oh - looking at race photos- did you wear 'those glasses' all around the course ?