Sunday, July 20, 2008

Made it and still alive after hitting the radness of the North Van

Well I made it through the flight here; geeps it was a long one. I end up sitting just behind John (with the busted wrist). The famous Jason English was also on the same flight; resplendent in a BMC shirt. There was also another guy from Dirty Works. While I was waiting to collect my bike at the over sized baggage collection I meet a NZ girl off to race some rounds of the down hill world cup. Any more mountain bikers and we could have chartered the plan!

Yesterday I put the bike together. Today I headed for the hills to check out some fabled North Shore. Sh*t it's scary stuff. I did find a ridable XC trail. While I was doing this I meet some Slovenian guys who said this particularly black dimond run (PINGU) was ridable on a XC bike. Like hell it was; a fair bit of it was hard to walk down. Halfway down I meet a Canadian and downhilling Aussie chick. They both thought my style was hilarious and pressured me into putting my seat down; it still didn't help. I did make it down but I managed to double pinch flat on the front. I also saw the arse end of a black bear running into to the woods. And on the home run I meet a Canada guy who'd spend 6 years living in Sydney. So it was an adventures day.

Off to find some beers (and not bears)...

3 comments:

macky65 said...

Andrew the older you get the jeyer your ridding - I'm betting the course will be nice and smooth fire roads - with a food station every 2k ;-) Love stu

Zippy2000 said...

Stu
Great to hear from you. Nice to se you're the only one who's bothered to add a comment. I'll have to have words with some of my friends when I get back home...

The Lindenmayers said...

I'm not jealous...not.